List of active policies
|Knowing Parkinson's Site Policy||Site policy||All users|
This site policy covers how we process your personal data and how you can request changes
information is used
We collect, process and store the following Personal Data (but not Sensitive Personal Data) from adults in the health and care sector via webforms on our Parkinson’s UK website which contain a consent statement:
- Name (first name and surname)
- Email address (hidden from all students of the Moodle site, and only viewable by the system administrators and the site’s hosters)
- Job title (hidden from all students of the Moodle site, and only viewable by the system administrators and the site’s hosters)
- Location (hidden from all students of the Moodle site, and only viewable by the system adminstrators and the site's hosters).
2. Purpose of processing of your data
We process your data on this Moodle site for the following reason: To create a Moodle user profile to enable you to study our online courses.
3. Data controller and contact information
The Data Controller is Parkinson’s UK, and the Data Protection Officer is Douglas Smith who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Your rights
5. Period data is stored for
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we'll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- for as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- for as long as we provide services to you
- retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
In addition, our policy on this Moodle site is to delete user profiles after 18 months of inactivity. When user profiles on the site are reaching capacity, we reserve the right to remove user profiles after 12 months of inactivity. Users can create new profiles if they wish to access more learning in the future.
6. Mechanism for withdrawing consent
If you wish to withdraw consent to our using your personal data on this Moodle site, please email email@example.com. Our Moodle site administrator(s) will then deal with your request.
7. Mechanism for requesting corrections or erasure
- If you wish to have your personal data on this Moodle site corrected please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Moodle site administrator(s) will then make the required changes.
If you wish to have your personal data erased on this Moodle site please email email@example.com. Our Moodle site administrator(s) will then edit your user profile to remove identifying information and make your profile inactive.
8. Mechanism for requesting a record of all personal data
If you wish to request a copy of your personal data on this Moodle site please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Moodle site administrator(s) will then send you a CSV file containing your log records. In addition, we will contact the Moodle site’s hosters, Hubken Group Ltd, and request they send you a copy of your web server access records.
Hubken Group Ltd, the company which hosts our Knowing
Parkinson’s Moodle site. They are authorised by Parkinson’s UK to process the
personal data of our Moodle site’s users for the purposes of maintaining the
site and supporting the site’s administrators. Hubken Group Ltd’s Privacy Notice is
available at https://tob.hubkengroup.com/?dir=GDPR and includes contact details of their
data privacy manager.
10. Automated decision making, and details of process
The only automated
decisions made by the Moodle software of our Knowing Parkinson’s site involves
the awarding of a digital badge on successful completion of some of our online
courses. Successful completion involves achieving the stated pass mark in the
quiz/quizzes of those courses. The quizzes are automatically marked by the
Moodle software, based on criteria manually entered by the site administrator.